Wednesday 9 March 2016

100 Word Challenge #10

People stop and stare at me. Sometimes if I'm lucky they will take my picture. Children always have an urge to climb on me, a cold stiff statue. Stuck in one spot, wishing I could stretch my legs and run like the children who play around me. I dream of having a voice to talk to my friends. I get tired of staring right ahead, and my arm gets weak as it is always in the air. When a bird stops on my shoulder, I wish I could reach out and touch it, but I am just a statue.

5 comments:

  1. I really like how you were acting and telling us what the statue wish it could do. But why are the others there? Why are the wearing that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you used the statue's perspective for your story and good choice of words. I think your story was good overall !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story! I like how you used the statue's perspective. The sentence where you say "stuck in one spot..." it doesn't seem like a full sentence, exactly. Maybe you could say "I'm always stuck in one spot..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked you story and how you took on the perspective of the statue. I really like the sentence, "Children always have an urge to climb on me".

    ReplyDelete